Search engine terms this week March 21, 2007Posted by dorigo in games, humor, internet, language, personal.
I have not posted much on the issue of what were people searching in the internet when they were directed here – I think the fact that I have started talking more and more about physics and less about other trivialities made the subject less interesting.
However, not to lose a good habit, here are a few of the terms sought:
- “Lisa Randall nude“, “Lisa Randall married“, “Lisa Randall biography“, “female physicist on Charlie Rose“: undoubtedly, the interview she gave with Charlie Rose spurred an enormous interest in the web. People were, I reckon, stimulated by the unheard-of thought of a woman with brains. Oh well, if they don’t learn, they’ll at least die soon.
- “histogram distribution digits of pi“: oh well, this one seems to be fishing for unexpected numerological discoveries. Flat, dude, it’s just a flat distribution, as much as that of any transcendental number!
- ““new scientist” Tommaso“: well, yes, that was me they quoted in the Higgs article, alas!
- “Hints on Extraterrestrial Computers“: hints ? What hints ? Please let me know, this is intriguing…
- “tommaso dorigo blog“, “tommaso dorigo“, “quantum diaries survivor“: apparently, the signal to noise of my visit graph is increasing, since I noted a marked increase in people who were actually looking for the blog itself, rather than improbable mixes of physics, chess, telescope making, and the like.