What’s going on around October 25, 2007Posted by dorigo in astronomy, Blogroll, games, internet, italian blogs, news, physics, politics, science.
A short list of interesting things I have read around the web recently:
- An experiment in levitation for the decaging system of LISA, with a video demonstration, in meccablog.
- A discussion of the tension in global standard model fits determining the unknown value of the Higgs mass in Resonaances.
- The BCS theory on superconductivity turned 50. Read about Bardeen’s discovery at Cocktail Party Physics.
- Chad at Uncertain Principles is #1. At least he is on a narrow list of topics. I think I will try the game myself…
- On the arrow of time and black hole radiation, a nice post at Backreaction.
- A list of exhibits is being compiled by Louise to show how legitimate it is to doubt of the constancy of light speed.
- A disturbing electoral poster won Switzerland’s elections last Sunday is discussed (in Italian, but you can get to see it nonetheless) in Marco’s Borborigmi.